Friday, July 9, 2010

Lovely lists

Sophie at Her Library Adventures posted about lists the other day. And it got me thinking. With my 'neurological issues' I can't live without lists. I make a 'To-Do' list for work and then under each task there is a sub-list of what I need to do to complete the task. Confusing much? And if I don't make a thorough and comprehensive list for grocery shopping I am certain to forget items.

So I thought that instead of only making lists of what I should do, need to do, would like to do, would like to buy etc..... I needed to make a list of the good things in my life. And so last night as I was drifting off to sleep I thought about the good things that make me happy and not the jobs I needed to do at work the next day that I didn't get around to today. Remember my pledge to take the time to reflect on the things in life I have to be thankful for? I think it would be a good idea to make a  list of these happy thoughts and put it somewhere I'll see it often.

This is what I listed last night - well what I can remember before the dreams came....

Today I am thankful for:

 
My cosy bed with its fluffy flannel sheets

My house – I love it! I am so lucky to have a

roof over my head on this cold night

The fact I was able to buy my own house

The beautiful sunny day we had today

Comfort food  - and a full belly!

Cuddles and unconditional love from my dogs


No comments:

Post a Comment