Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Daylight savings really isn't kind to sufferers of CFS. I am still struggling to remain conscious. But I am going to make a quick post regardless. This poor blog has been neglected enough as it is.

I had a great day on Saturday at the Intermediate Felting Workshop with the lovely ladies from ArtMOOveau. We started with a small resist-felted bag, the perfect size for an iPod or mobile phone. And it was lucky we did because I needed some practice to get my technique back. One side ended up noticeably thicker than the other, and there is a spot that I'll have to touch up with a felting needle.

My main project for the workshop was a hat made from fleece that our tutor Laura had dyed herself. And miraculously....it worked! I am very happy with the end result. I don't have any proper photos yet and I still need to finish off the edges. But for now....this is my very first felted hat:



Those photos are ghastly.....stay tuned for some better pics once I finish the edges and stage a proper photo shoot.

P.S. Happy 1st Birthday to Sophie Isobel Designs!!! It must be wonderful to reach that milestone and have had so much success along the way. Thanks for sharing your special day with a giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment