I did however, manage to make some truly scrumptious cupcakes. We had a late Cupcake Day at work today to raise money for the RSPCA. Now being a big animal lover I just had to get involved. And I wanted to make some cupcakes that were related to my own area of work. I couldn't figure out how to make a cow cupcake so my next idea was.................
a cowpat cupcake! Complete with coconut grass & a little needle-felted fly.
I also made some pretty cupcakes, like this one with the musk stick stars
So how does one make yummy cupcakes when time is limited and health is poor? You cheat! Here is a very short cheaters cupcake tutorial:
- buy a home-brand packet of cake mix from Woolworths (I used a butter cake mix and chocolate cake mix)
- to each packet you simply add 1 egg & some milk
- put a large desert-spoonful of mixture into a patty cake case (I sit mine inside a muffin tray so they hold their shape)
- don't overfill!
- once cooked - ice with Betty Crocker chocolate frosting & decorate!
- I used sprinkles, a crushed Cadbury crunchie, smarties & chocolate flake on mine. Oh - and the musk stick stars. They are my favourite and they taste yummy with the chocolate frosting.
Good for those who are short on time but want to turn out some fancy party cakes. Enjoy!