Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wheat-free goodness!

Remember me saying I had mastered a recipe for wheat-free chocolate chip cookies? Well I have finally gotten around to sharing the recipe. I can testify that if you follow this recipe you won't be disappointed by biscuits that crumble and fall apart - or as has happened to me on a few occasions, spread all over the tray into one giant biscuit. I think the key to it is the condensed milk. Its great! It makes them nice and fluffy!



You need:

180grams of butter


1/3 cup sugar

½ cup condensed milk

1 ½ cups Wheat-free SR flour (I use the Orgran brand)

250grams dark chocolate bits (don't scrimp on these!!)

½ cup white chocolate bits



Cream the butter & sugar. Beat in the condensed milk. Add the flour and stir in. Mix in the chocolate bits.

Roll spoonfuls into balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper.

Cook for 15mins at 180 degrees

Cool on the tray for a few minutes before putting them onto a cooling rack.

Note: You can add a pinch of xanthum gum when you add the flour, if you want to. It helps to bind it all together. When they come out of the oven you may think they are not yet ready because they are so soft, but trust me they are cooked and are meant to be pale - and you don't want them overcooked!
Don't be stingy with the chocolate bits!! I once added chopped pecans to the mix and that worked well with the chocolate. And you can of course use normal flour if you don't need to cater for people with an intolerance.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment