Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday blues

I love Sundays. Really I do. But I so rarely get to enjoy them. This weekend started out with great promise. I had a great night out Friday, which is something I never do. And I got to visit the lovely Violet Town Market on Saturday morning.

But it all went down hill from there. I was ready for bed at 5.30pm on Saturday afternoon. But after receiving some bad news I was awake until the wee hours of Sunday morning. And following a week where I slept badly every night, plagued by nightmares and bad dreams, this was not good! So instead of the lovely Sunday I had planned, sewing and reading and doing a bit of cooking, I had a feral day.

It was feral because I didn't get out of my P.J's and I didn't get out of bed. I have a feral headache that won't go away, my stomach feels like I ate something feral and my hair looks like a feral animal is nesting in there. My body just can't handle and stress - physical or emotional.

But I try to turn a bad day around by doing the little things that I can manage. So I am curled up on the couch and watching tv. Its making me laugh which I really need. And the puppies are giving me lots of cuddles. Its these little things that keep me going when I am unwell. To keep me going I have the premiere of the BBC's production of 'Tess of the d'Urbivilles' on the ABC tonight to look forward to.

Just gotta keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment